Florence Knoll was a pioneer of modern design. In collaboration with her husband Hans, she set the Bauhaus approach to interior design in motion and produced a large number of unique, gorgeous pieces in the process. Uncompromising in her approach to quality, the sofa was created to make a stunning impression as well as deliver a comfortable, stylish seating area.
An excellent example of splendid fifties chic, this replica Florence Knoll three seater sofa has all of the qualities one would expect from furniture made to last. The epitome of mid twentieth century vogue, the piece was influenced by the legendary designs of Eero Saarinen, a teacher of Knoll’s at the Cranbrook Academy of Art.
- Smart, stylish chic
- Beautiful cashmere or wool upholstery
- Suited to both traditional and contemporary spaces
- Signature Florence Knoll design
- Full-length external base frame constructed from polished #304 stainless steel to eliminate chipping and rusting
- Traditional hardwood box frame construction
- Reinforced bottom seat cushion platform for firm, long-lasting comfo
- Multi-density foam cushions wrapped in silk layer provide comfort and bounce-back for a smooth appearance
- Removable back and seat cushions feature rear zippers
- Floor protection pads on legs
Architectural, Minimalist Design
Minimalism at its finest, the Florence Knoll sofa was designed out of necessity. When a piece of furniture she needed for a project could not be found, Knoll designed it rather than choosing an alternative. Now, the HomeQ replica revives the 1954 creation, allowing twenty-first century buyers to experience the same luxury as the original purchasers sixty years ago.